Sunday, October 25, 2009

Orientation in Amman

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am safe in Jordan :)


The flight over from JFK was actually pretty easy. Since we left at night and I thankfully can get some shut eye on a plane, I spent the majority of my time sleeping. We arrived around 5pm local time and were greeted by P.C. staff and RPCVs. Thanks to the staff's efforts, we had a seemless time going through customs, getting our bags, and loading a bus to our hotel.



After arriving at our hotel we had a welcome meeting, followed by a delicious dinner of (you guessed it...) pizza! Actually, the familiarity was a bit comforting. Even now sitting here in the lobby of our hotel, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a half world away from home! that's one of the great things about traveing ~ you learn how small and interconnected the world really is.


Our orientation has gone well so far today. We've set up our bank accounts, recieved our phones (yes, I'll have a phone here!), and got our first set of immunizations, among other things. We've met much of the Peace Corps Jordan staff, and will continue to go over basics after everyone is wrapped up!


All for now! I'll make sure to write when I can!

1 comment:

  1. hello!
    I came across your blog and got very excited as I was nominated for Middle East/North Africa fall 2010. I just sent my med forms and still have some waiting but I look forward to reading up on everything going on in Jordan right now so thanks for blogging!
    Good luck with orientation!

    ReplyDelete