Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbyes and Promises

So the last few days have been a whirlwind of visiting friends and family and saying my goodbyes. I drove back to SD from my parents house on Thursday straight to the Salvation Army's Door of Hope where I volunteer with kids and was welcomed with a "Goodbye Steph" party. It was so unexpected, but I very much appreciated all of the warm thanks and homemade gifts and cards. Later that night I made some memories at dinner with a few of my best friends at Rocking Bajas in Old Town. Friday night everyone got together and went out in Pacific Beach... one last night out with all my friends together before I left. Saturday was date night with Justin and it was such a night to remember!! He took me to Flemmings down in the Gas Lamp and suprised me with a beautiful ring (smart boy! love you!). After that we went to the Civic Center and saw the Lion King (we both got chills throughout!!) and went to Raa Sushi for some quality face to face time. On Sunday I drove up to Los Angeles for a family Goodbye/Happy Birthday party (thanks to Julie and Di for the two beautiful cakes... even if Julie was upset with the baker, I still think it turned out wonderfully!). It was so good to see all my family before I left, and I was a teary mess saying my goodbyes. My dad especially got the tears flowing (nothing makes a Daddy's girl cry any harder than when her pops sheds a few tears himself (hehe, sorry for blowing your tough guy cover dad!)). And while it was hard to say goodbye to everyone, I was and still am beside myself knowing how much love and support my family has shown me throughout this entire process! Of course, I appreciate all the last minute gifts and packing additions that everyone gave me... seems everyone really does know me all too well!! It's crazy to think about how much will change in the next two years. I'm sure that time will fly by, but as much as I am going to miss everyone, I really want to get the full experience of living in Jordan, and I know that when I am there I'll want nothing more than to slow down time and appreciate the little things. I'm such a lucky girl and want to thank everyone for all of their love and support. I promise to keep in touch with you all, as long as you all promise to keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment